This is the official accessibility statement for the Laundry Consulting web site. For feedback, please contact us.
- All pages on the Laundry Consulting site are – to the best of our knowledge – Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All pages on the Laundry Consulting site validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict.
- All pages on the Laundry Consulting site use structured semantic markup.
H1tags are used for page titles,
H2tags for section titles, and
H3tags for subtitles.
The Laundry Consulting site uses relative links to enhance navigation. As well as being beneficial to visitors using text-only browsers, these features are also exposed to graphical browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Opera. For example, Opera displays these navigation aids in a toolbar (select View/Navigation Bar to see it.)
Visitors using recent versions of screen readers can navigate the Laundry Consulting site using the following keystrokes:
- H to cycle forwards through the headings
- Shift + H to cycle backwards through the headings
- 2 to navigate to the next level 2 heading
- Shift + 2 to navigate to the previous level 2 heading
- INSERT + F6 to provide a list of all headings
Laundry Consulting is mindful that people with disabilities may not always using an assistive technology. The free web browser Opera has excellent keyboard navigation that is invaluable to visitors with motor difficulties. In Opera, the following keys can be used to navigate headings:
- S to cycle forwards through the headings
- W to cycle backwards through the headings
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- The Laundry Consulting site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
The Laundry Consulting site has been developed to allow users to adjust the text size to a level with which they are comfortable using their browsers’ built-in text-size controls. To adjust text-size in your browser:
- In Internet Explorer v7: Click Page, then navigate to Text Size and choose your desired text-size
- In Internet Explorer v6: Click View, then navigate to Text Size and choose your desired text-size
- In Mozilla Firefox: Either –
- Click View, then navigate to Text Size and choose your desired text-size, or
- Hit CTRL + + to increase text size, and CTRL + - to decrease text-size